Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:Microscopy of Slime Mold.jpg|400px|Microscopy of ''Physarum Polycephalum'']]  
+
[[File:Microscopy of Slime Mold.jpg|300px|Microscopy of ''Physarum Polycephalum'']]  
  
[[File:Camphoto 579758561.JPG |400px|left|Slime Mold contaminated with mold]] Most of the petri dishes I brought home became contaminated with some sort of silky mold.
+
[[File:Camphoto 579758561.JPG |400px|right|Slime Mold contaminated with mold]] Most of the petri dishes I brought home became contaminated with some sort of silky mold.
  
 
{{#ev:vimeo|643949703|700|left|}}  
 
{{#ev:vimeo|643949703|700|left|}}  

Revision as of 14:37, 9 November 2021

Microscopy of Physarum Polycephalum

Slime Mold contaminated with mold
Most of the petri dishes I brought home became contaminated with some sort of silky mold.




My first timelapse turned out pretty bad with lots of light flickering and shadows moving. Next time I will try a darker background and artificial lighting. I also realized trying to record multiple petri dishes at once is not such a good idea.

Something useful I learned with this timelapse is how difficult it can be to manipulate the slime mold. I tried using different arrangements and amounts of oat in each dish but at the end every dish turned out different than expected.