Welcome to the 30th AKS conference 2018 in Weimar
Classic – Modern – Digital: Foreign Language Learning and Teaching at Universities between Tradition und Modernism
From 1 - 3 March 2018 the 30th AKS conference of Arbeitskreis der Sprachenzentren, Sprachlehrinstitute und Fremdspracheninstitute e.V. (AKS) took place at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
The AKS acts as a communication platform for most of the institutions that deal with learning and teaching languages in the higher education sector in Germany and some other European countries and cooperates with CercleS, the European Association of Language Centres.
The conference motto was reflected in a number of lectures and workshops with the following topics:
- Language Centres in today’s world: New tasks – new target groups
- Language policies at universities and the Language Centres‘ role
- From practitioners for practitioners: Best practice examples and concepts
- Language and communication for specific and specialized purposes
- Further education and long distance learning: Sustainable learning/autonomous learning/digital learning
- A new perspective on individual skills: Writing skills, oral skills, …
- Digital or classic? Testing, examining, evaluating
- Foreign language learning and intercultural learning
- Language practice as a part of philological studies: How modern may/can/should/must language practice for philologists be?
The conference also included an exhibition of a number of publishing companies and providers of language-related services. In addition, there was ample opportunities to explore the city of Weimar (European Cultural Capital in 1999) and the Bauhaus-Universität with its famous UNESCO world heritage sites.
We would like to thank all participants for a successful conference and ask you for your feedback at email@example.com.