The doctorate is a process that frequently also holds moments of doubt in store. This applies not only to the work on the doctorate itself, but often also to the general conditions or the lack of certain skills and competences that lead to moments of helplessness.
In order to prevent doubts from turning into despair, we invite you to discuss challenges together with other doctoral candidates in a solution-oriented manner within a private environment and - without limiting yourself to discipline or topics - to discuss solutions and your own experiences together. What drives you? How were you able to overcome problems in the past? Where do you need support and where could you support?
Community (9.5.) and Colloquium (10.5.) will take place in the IKKM, Cranachstraße 47, 99423 Weimar.
09.05.2019 | CREATE THE CO | Community
The platform "CREATE THE CO: Community" regards itself as a collaboration exchange in which skills and competences can be explored and developed between the various disciplines. Together with external guests as initiators, you have the opportunity to exchange your skills and knowledge over snacks and drinks in order to better deal with current problems.
There will be 3 groups, using the World Café method. Each group is guided by experienced Postdocs:
- Methods & Process - Dr. Friederike Landau
- Writing Texts and Publishing - Dr. Laura Weitze
- Co-Existing/Surviving while doing a doctorate - Dr. Maria Skivko / Dr. Franziska Matthes
10.05.2019 | CREATE THE CO | Colloquium
The interdisciplinary colloquium offers you the opportunity to share the current status of your doctoral project with other doctoral candidates. In this forum, current challenges that arise in the doctoral process will be discussed in a solution-oriented way. What challenge are you facing right now - regardless of whether it involves the method, the topic, the theory or, for example, the supervision situation? How have you been able to overcome problems in the past?
The colloquium wants to support the interdisciplinary and collaborative exchange between doctoral candidates, postdocs and lecturers from very different academic fields with different methods and approaches. There will be presentations of current or past challenges or open questions to discuss and share with the colloquium:
- Grenzen der Sprache. Fragen zum Umgang mit Sprachbarrieren in wissenschaftlichen Untersuchungen
- Find your Place – Orte des Schreibens, Lesens, Forschens
- On the Edges of Sanity - organisatorische Überlastung, Entscheidungsfindung, Prioritäten setzen
We start at 10 am and have scheduled up to 20 minutes plus discussion for each contribution. Please register if you want to be part of the COLLOQUIUM.
The Diskursgestalterin Christine Kolbe from Berlin will be the moderator of our colloquium.
10:00 – 12:00: WE CO-CREATERS – Kennenlernen und „Herausforderungen in der Promotion“
12:00 – 13:30: CREATE THE BOX – intensive Auseinandersetzung mit der eigenen Promotion
13:30 – 15:30: Vorträge der Promovierenden (Feedback durch Alumni und andere Promovierende)
15:30 – 16:30: SUM UP & CREATE the CO
Invited for feedback to your contributions are:
- Dr. Steffen Hven, Postdoc Scholarship holder and independent researcher from Berlin, Kompetenzzentrum Medienanthropologie (KOMA), Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- Dr. Liza Wing Man Kam, assistant professor at the East Asian Studies at the Georg-August University of Göttingen and Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the epartment of Religious Diversity at the Max-Planck-Institut zur Erforschung multireligiöser und multiethnischer Gesellschaften Göttingen
- Dr. Ammalia Podlaszewska, researcher, urban planner, teacher, and projekt manager at Culture Goes Europe Soziokulturelle Initiative Erfurt e.V.
- Dr. Maria Skivko, independent social scientist, Ph.D. thesis on "Fashion in the City and The City in Fashion: Urban Representations in Fashion Magazines"
- Dr.-Ing. Erich Bruns, Teamkoordination Bildverarbeitung, AUDI AG (requested)
- Dr.-Ing. Maher Deeb, KI labs GmbH München