The Bauhaus Research School supports PHD candidates on low income with the publication of their doctorate thesis by providing a grant towards printing costs of maximum 400 Euros.
This grant is offered to only those PHD candidates who are not employed or are not part of a structured PHD programme (with own funding like a DFG funded research training group). Required is:
- form, describing your current situation, the dates of submission/defense/publication
- original bills, receipts in hard copy
- if applicable: proof of payment (e.g. account statement)
Please note: the bills must clearly state the name of the doctoral candidate in the billing address and include a reference to the Ph.D. thesis and the exact information about type and amount of the print and binder works, e.g.:
8 Exemplare der Dissertation (je 250 Seiten, s/w), Druck & Bindung
We can only refund printing costs that have been culminated in the period of 6 months before the application. Applications can be submitted on an ongoing basis till 01 June and till 01 November of the specific year.
- The grant will be refunded in accordance with the available annual funds.
- If there are urgent financial hardships, an application can also be considered outside the deadlines.
Please find here further information on publishing your Ph.D. from the University Library
Bauhaus Research School
Marienstraße 14 (room 203)
Tel. +49 (0) 3643/58 41 20
Fax +49 (0) 3643/58 41 01