The Bauhaus-Universität Weimar offers two different mentoring programmes for doctoral students and postdocs.
Both mentoring programmes are designed as a combination of peer and group mentoring and combine individual development on the one hand and networking on the other hand. Scientists, artists, and designers come together in groups to reflect on their past and future careers, exchange experiences with a mentor during various intra-group activities. For this purpose, a financial budget is available for each group. Complementary networking and information events as well as workshops for career planning and competence trainings are also organized for all mentees. The mentoring programme thrives on the willingness of the mentees to participate in the framework programme, to participate in the peer groups and to help shape the activities within the group.
The application deadline for both programmes is on 09.10.2019!
Benefits for mentees
- learn more about the structures, processes, and rules of academia or other fields of work by working together with mentors, guests, and other mentees
- informal exchange with mentors working in your envisaged working field
- orientation and assistance in career decision making
- incorporate your ideas and needs in workshops, information and networking events (e.g. fireside chats)
- support to develop an professional network
- develop strategies to reconcile career and family or dual career couples
- insight into other disciplines
2 mentoring programmes
With WISA+ Women in Science and Arts the Equal Opportunity Office supports motivated female doctoral candidates and postdocs by providing external mentors who advise and support the mentees regarding their current qualification projects, as well as their professional and academic development.
- Support and mentoring of the doctoral process and the postdoc phase
- (inter-)disciplinary exchange of knowledge and encourage networking across institutional borders
- Reflexion on potentials, strategies and individual professional goals
The Bauhaus Research School accompanies engaged doctoral candidates and postdocs to network and to prepare for a career after their doctorate or postdoc with support of mentors from the sectors of science, economy, industry, arts and culture.
- Identification, optimization, and use of individual competences and potentials to start a career after the doctorate
- Clarify individual career aims and requirements and first steps to reach this aims
- Development of an professional network
Schedule of the mentoring programmes
Nov.-Dez. 2019 | Introductory phase
- Kick-off meeting incl. introduction into your role as mentee on 22.11.2019
- Planning of meetings and workshops in collaboration of the mentees and the project coordinators
- group matching
- mentor matching
Jan.-Okt. 2020 | Intensification phase
- working together with the mentors
- Fire-side chats
- continiously after-work-meetings and mentee-chats
Nov.-Dez. 2020 | Final phase
- final event
Participants of both mentoring programmes have the possiblity to meet each other during the networking and information events. As needed, workshops are organised seperately or together for both mentoring programmes.