The New Appointees’ day, held for the first time in this form, provided the heads of departments and central University facilities with an opportunity to introduce themselves and their teams. They also presented information and services that offer support to professors in their work and projects. The event was rounded off with a glass of sparkling wine and a toast to successful cooperation.
In the initial period after being appointed to a university, it is helpful to get to know its contact people and structures in order to ensure that entering into this new environment is a successful experience. “The New Appointees’ Day is an important part of the welcome culture that the University aims to continue cultivating and developing”, explains Dr. Sonja Dinter, a general policy advisor in the President’s Office and responsible for organising the event. The event is expected to take place again. Until then, all those who took part this year will be able to make use of the insights and contacts they have gained as they work together to further develop cohesion and cooperation at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. “Knowledge, solutions, and new ideas develop through dialogue. This is in the interest of all members of the University – both new arrivals and long-standing staff members”, in Dinter’s view.
The President’s Office would like to thank the Personnel, Finance, Research Operations, Student and Academic Affairs, International departments, University Communications, Legal Affairs, the Bauhaus Research School, the University Library, the Language Centre, the Centre for Institutional Development, and all professors for contributing to the success of the event.
The Bauhaus-Universität Weimar would like to warmly welcome all new appointees to our University and wish them a good start to the coming semester.
- Prof. Verena von Beckerath, Fac. Architecture and Urbanism, Design and Housing
- Prof. Dr. Silvio Beier, Fac. Civil Engineering, Urban Bioengineering for Resource Recovery
- Junior Prof. Dr. Christopher Buschow, Fac. Media, Organisation and Network Media
- Prof. Björn Dahlem, Fac. Art and Design, Sculpture, Object, Installation
- Prof. Jana Gunstheimer, Fac. Art and Design, Experimental Painting and Drawing
- Deputy Prof. Dr. Annette Kämpf-Dern, Fac. Civil Engineering, Management in the Built Environment
- Prof. Dr. Christian Koch, Fac. Civil Engineering/Media, Intelligent Technical Design
- Junior Prof. Dr. Eva Krivanec, Fac. Media, European Media Culture
- Prof. Johannes Kuehn, Fac. Architecture and Urbanism, Design and Building Construction
- Junior Prof. Alexandra Toland, Fac. Art and Design, Arts and Research
- Prof. Dr. Torsten Wichtmann, Fac. Civil Engineering, Geotechnics