Before you can apply for an exchange semester at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, you have to apply at your home university. Once you are nominated by your home university, we will send you an email and you can apply online.
Please read the information about the application processe carefully!
The application deadlines for an exchange semester at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar are June 1st and December 1st.
Application period for the winter semester (September/October to February) or the academic year (September/October to July)
- 1st April to 1st June
Application period for the summer semester (March/April to July)
- 1st October to 1st December
The Welcome Events as well as the German-intensive course take place in September and March. Please note this when planning your stay.
1. First, you must complete the online registration (for exchange students). The password should contain at least one digit, one special character and contain at least 8 characters.
2. After you have submitted your personal details online, please create a pdf document and print it out. As a cover sheet for your application please use the document Cover Sheet Online Application print it out as well, put a photo on it and get it signed and stamped by your University to show that you were nominated as exchange student for Weimar.
If you have technical issues regarding the online form please contact the support directly: support[at]moveon4.com
3. The faculties of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar require A1 to B1 knowledge in German, depending on your study programme. Please attach a certificate of your German language competence or a confirmation that you currently are enrolled in a German course. If your German language competence is very basic, please attach a certificate of your English language competence as well (as a non-native speaker).
4. In addition, all exchange students must attend our German intensive course in September or March, unless your language level is already B1. Please apply online on the website of the language centre for the German intensive course and forward the confirmation e-Mail that you applied for the German intensive course to incoming[at]uni-weimar.de.
5. Please attach your application a short letter of motivation including your major field of study.
6. If you want to attend a Master programme at Bauhaus-University, please attach your Bachelor certificate.
7. Students of the Faculty of Art and Design have to send a portfolio as well.
Do not send us any learning agreements with your application.
Please send all documents via email to incoming[at]uni-weimar.de
After the faculty makes its selections, we will send you the letter of acceptance by e-mail.
If you need to apply for a student visa in your home country, please apply as early as possible and ask our office to send the letter of acceptance by regular mail to your given home adress or inform us about the adress of your home university.
- Printed online-application form for ERASMUS- and exchange students
- Cover sheet online application incl. photo and confirmed by your home university
- Certificate of your German and English language competence
- Confirmation-E-Mail of the application for the German intensive course (required unless your German is B1 or above)
- Letter of motivation
- Portfolio (only Faculty of Art & Design)
- Bachelor certificate (if you want to attend a Master Programme at Bauhaus-University)
Please upload one photo and your motivation letter in the data base (not exceeding 10MB) and send all application documents attached to an email to: incoming[at]uni-weimar.de The attached documents should be sent as a compressed file (preferably pdf- or zip-file).
- Your home university has to nominate you for participation in the exchange programme at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
- Your email address has to be correct, because further information will be sent only to this address.
- We will only process your application if we get all requested documents by email. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- After the application deadlines a processing of the application is not possible. The date of the arrival in our email account (incoming[at]uni-weimar.de) is important.
- Countries and universities that do not appear in the application form do not have an exchange programme with the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. Please do not choose a non-participating university or send unfinished documents. When in doubt, contact our office.
Erasmus+ and Exchange Programs (incoming and outgoing students)
Welcome and Orientation Exchange
Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 15, Room 112
Phone: +49 (0) 36 43/58 23 62
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10.00 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 16.00
Office Hours during the semester break:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10.00 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 15.00