The "Intercultural.Competent.Committed" certificate
Studying at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar means working, researching and living with others in a highly diverse, extremely intercultural environment. Many of our students get involved alongside their studies in helping to integrate international students and refugees. They complete international degree programmes, attend additional language courses, study abroad and take advantage of intercultural courses to gain additional qualifications.
The International Office awards the Intercultural Competence Committed certificate to recognise this extracurricular, intercultural and international commitment, and to certify the acquisition of intercultural competence.
The Intercultural.Competent.Committed certificate comprises several components:
- attendance of at least 2 intercultural workshops, or
- attendance of 2 language courses, that CANNOT be credited to your studies + participation in 1 intercultural workshop
- involvement as a buddy as part of the WIN Buddy Programme, or
- involvement in the work with refugees, or
- active participation in the student union’s (StuKo) international department/ „Bauhaus Internationals“, or
- participation in the WIN Tandem-Programme, or
- tutoring in the international field, or
- proof of similar international/intercultural commitment at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- semester abroad, or
- internship abroad lasting at least 2 months, or
- at least 1 semester at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (international students)
Participation in the certificate is free of charge.
To apply for the certificate or in case of questions regarding proof of the individual components, please email email@example.com