The Bauhaus-Universität Weimar maintains cooperative relationships with more than 200 partner institutions all over the world. Every year circa 240 students benefit from these cooperation treaties and take advantage of the opportunity to study abroad or to study at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar for a limited amount of time. The cooperation agreements are distinguished between agreements within Europe (ERASMUS) and agreements outside of Europe.
The agreements within Europe (ERASMUS) are highly standardised and offer opportunities for student exchange, teaching mobility and staff mobility. Exchange programmes and traveling as well as the initiation of ERASMUS cooperations can be subsidised by ERASMUS funds.
Outside of Europe the cooperations treaties are individually agreed upon. In addition to student exchange programmes they can include further agreements such as organizing workshops or summer schools together, planning collective study programmes etc. Most of the time these agreements are not financially subsidised (exception: waiver of tuition fees).
All cooperations must be based, supported and maintained at a faculty. If the person in charge leaves the faculty has to find a replacement in order for the cooperation to continue.
Requirements of supporting international university cooperations
- review of application documents and selection of the students (outgoing)
- approval of the Learning Agreement and acceptance of student's academic achievements (which is handled differently in every faculty)
- the International Office provides a contact person for the time during the process of drafting and altering of the contract, difficulties in the cooperative relationship, etc.
- Maintenance of the international university cooperation (visits and welcoming visitors)
Responsibilities of the International Office
- Drafting and maintaining the contract
For students from Weimar (outgoing)
- organisation and execution of the application procedure
- (call for applications, counseling, receiving applications, forwarding applications to the professor in charge)
- nominating the selected students
- support throughout the organization of the stay abroad
- information and consultation about scholarships, grants in the ERASMUS and PROMOS programme
- returnee (reporting, etc.)
For international students
- organization of the application procedure (receiving and forwarding of application documents to the professor in charge, confirmation with partner institution)
- admission, confirmation with the partner institution, information to international counsellor
- support throughout the organization of the studies, handing out ERASMUS documents
- orientation programmes
We are happy to answer any questions. Please contact us!