icebauhaus is the German node within the international open innovation network "ice" (short for: Innovation - Collaboration - Entrepreneurship). It acts as a transcontinental interface for collaborative learning and idea generation between African and European realities, with the aim of supporting the development and implementation of environmentally sustainable and locally relevant technologies. icebauhaus achieves this through the following set of activities:
- Intensify communication and collaboration between academics in Africa and Germany to improve mutual learning from the others' context, on faculty as well as student level
- Transfer technology & knowledge from academia to the private sector for improved environmental sustainability of commercial projects on the ground
- Channel start-up funding and professional expertise to grow viable innovative green technologies within the African context
- Introduce new, more efficient open and collaborative formats of innovation, production and marketing. Better connect creative workers & artists with technologists, PR- & business strategists to develop new models and networks for the local creative industries
- Organize international tech-community events & online collaboration spaces and thereby create infrastructure through which unconventional ideas from diverse backgrounds can connect and grow.
Learn about the first icebauhaus "africa re:load workshop" held in Weimar on the 29th-30th August, 2011.
For updates on ice activities in Ethiopia, please visit ice-ethiopia.org
- Ethiopian Institute of Architecture, Building Construction & City Development (EiABC)
- Centre for International Migration & Development
- Knoten Weimar International Transfer Centre Environmental Technology