Medieninformatik (Media Informatics) - Bachelor of Science
The German language »Medieninformatik« (Media Informatics) bachelor's programme begins in winter semester. There is no admission restriction. Application submissions can be made online by the end of september of each year.
Applicants who graduated outside of Europe apply online at: www.uni-assist.de.
Admissions deadline (winter semester): 30 September
- Interest in the intellectual challenges of an innovative information society
- Passion for problem solving, experimenting and researching
- Curiosity and creativity
- Willingness to consider complex relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team and an openness to cooperating with other disciplines
- Independence and autonomy
- Sound mathematics skills
- Competence in logical and abstract thinking
- Programming skills not mandatory
- Good level of English advantageous
The course is by all means challenging and particularly the first part of the programme is very theoretical. However, the department provides varied support: exercises, tutorials and revision classes with tutors and students from higher semesters will help you to work through the complex content. It is therefore perhaps most important to bring a passion for the subject and perseverance with you. In case of questions about your suitability for the course, please contact our academic advisors at mi-info[at]medien.uni-weimar.de. Please direct any administrative queries to studium[at]uni-weimar.de.
Find out more about the course
Unsure whether a degree in Medieninformatik (Media Informatics) in Weimar is for you, or want to know more about the course content and study environment? Then please take advantage of our » offers for prospective students.