(1) To be eligible for admission to this programme, a candidate must have attained - with an overall final grade of at least 2.3 - his or her first subject related degree from an institution of higher education (e.g. Bachelor of Science), a degree from a Technical College for Administration [Verwaltungsfachhochschule] or a degree from a public or state accredited university of cooperative education [Berufsakademie]. »Subject related« applies to degree programmes in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Science and Media, and other technical-scientific degree programmes from the areas of engineering or computer science. The examination committee decides on the equivalence of degrees and exceptions and may also state additional requirements to be met by the student.
(2) If the first degree does not involve a final scientific thesis, the candidate has to submit another piece of scientific report authored by him/her.
(3) To be eligible for admission to this programme, a candidate must provide proof of English language proficiency at the B2 level as put forth by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (GER) in the form of
- proof of mastery as a native speaker (acquisition of a certificate of higher education entrance qualification or first-level professional qualification (i.e. undergraduate degree) from an English-speaking country) or
- proof by means of one of the following internationally recognised certificates
- TOEFL (internet-based score 85 or better)
- Cambridge Certificate First Certificate in English (FCE)
- IELTS, band 6.5 (at least 6.0 in each individual band)
or by means of an equivalent certificate.
(4) The candidate must submit a one-page letter of motivation in English. The letter of motivation must include an overview of the previous academic and vocational/practical training, such as completed projects related to construction informatics and/or internships, international experience during the first-degree programme, student activities, and/or academic work. Documentation of all activities is to be provided. The letter of motivation must also detail the personal future (research) perspectives about the main areas of study.
(5) If the selection committee is not able to reach a unique consensus based on the available documents, an interview may be conducted to reveal the candidate's competences.
(6) The selection of the applicants is conducted by a selection committee, which comprises two professors, one of each is either from Civil Engineering or Computer Science, of the degree programme »Digital Engineering«. The selection committee establishes which applicants meet the necessery requirements (sections 1-5) and determines which modules from the thematic area »Fundamentals« are to be completed individually in order to achieve the adaptation of qualifications.
*These regulations are subject to the condition that the Academic and Examination Regulations are approved by the President of the Bauhaus-Universität and published as a Statute.
In addition, you should:
- Enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams
- Be curious and creative
- Be willing to work independently and take initiative
- Enjoy solving the complex problems of the digital information community
- Possess excellent knowledge of engineering or computer science
- Have an interest in developing models for physical processes, image data acquisition and analysis, as well as visualisation methods
- Possess knowledge of numerical simulation methods
- Have an understanding of storage, analysis and manipulation of large quantities of data
- Demonstrate English language proficiency