- Bayesian inference
- Inverse Problems
- Uncertainty quantification
- Stochastic Optimization
- Experimental and Numerical modeling
Oct. 2015 - date
2013 - 2014
Master of science at Faculty of civil engineering, Damascus University, Damascus (Syria).
2000 - 2001
Post-graduate diploma at Faculty of civil engineering, Damascus University, Damascus (Syria).
1995 - 1999
Bachelor of science at Faculty of civil engineering, Damascus University, Damascus (Syria).
- "Solving ill-posed inverse problems using Bayesian inference", Erasmus+ Strategische Partnerschaften - PhD Course: "Applied and Computational Mathematics in Engineering Application" 2018 - University of Aveiro, Portugal.
- Project: Model updating - Theory, Algorithm & Insights, Summer school "Forecast Engineering” 2017 – Bauhaus University Weimar ,99423 Weimar, Germany.
Supervised Student's Work
- Signal Analysis in the Context of Structural Health Monitoring of Dams, Hamidullah Attaulah, 2017.
- Implementing Flexibility in Engineering Designs for Foldable Hinged-Rod Roof Systems, Sohaib Anwar, 2015/16.
- F. ALKAM; I. PEREIRA; T. LAHMER, Bayesian approach for solving ill-posed parameter identiﬁcation problems for pre-stressed concrete poles, Construction and Building Materials, (Submitted) (2018).
- F. ALKAM, T. LAHMER: Solving Non-Uniqueness Issues in Parameter Identification problems for Pre-stressed Concrete Poles by Multiple Bayesian updating, 15th International Probabilistic Workshop, TU Dresden, 2017.
- M. BATIKHA; F. ALKAM, The Eﬀect of Mechanical Properties of Masonry on the behavior of FRP-strengthened Masonry-inﬁlled RC Frame under Cyclic Load, Composite Structures 134 (2015) 513–522. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2015.08.105.