Only those with study-related degree or equivalent certificate and/or those able to demonstrate adequate professional experience, as well as pass the aptitude test ban be admitted.
A study-related degree is a degree from a German university (“diplom”) or equivalent certificate from a foreign university in the following majors or fields: Architecture and media studies, as well as related disciplines with academical and/ or artistic-design emphasises (Bachelors, Masters or “Diplom”).
The study programme is bilingual; proof of very good English and German language skills is necessary.
Registration deadline for the master´s course MediaArchitecture is Juli 15th, as well as for the study programs "International MediaArchitecture Master Studies" (IMAMS) and "Interactions and Interfaces for Digital Environments" (IDE). Studies start the beginning of October of that year. The aptitude test proceeds as follows:
- Aptitude assessment based on the documentation of previous work
- Interview (after assessment by the commission; not obligatory)
- Decision and announcement of the results.
Form of Application
The following should be included in the application:
1.Tabular curriculum vitae with educational, practical and international experience
2. Notarised copy of the school graduate certificate (university acceptance) or a certificate from the appropriate authorities as an accepted equivalent,
3. Notarised copy of the university degree (Bachelors, “Diplom” or Masters) or an accepted equivalent, such as “Diploma supplement”
4. Letter of motivation, which thoroughly explains the reasons behind the study and career plans, approximately one page long (A4 or 8 1/2 x 11).
5. Documentation of previous work, which demonstrate the ability for interdisciplinary work, as well as special skills in theory and/ or practice, maximum 25 sheets A3 (or videos, CDs etc.).
6. Written declaration concerning the authorship of the submitted work,
7. Language certificate as proof of very good language skills. For the bilingual course of study very good German language skills ( B2-CEFR: DSH1-examination or TestDaF 4xTDN3) and good English skills or very good English (B2-CEFR) and good German (B1-CEFR) language skills are required.
For the study programs IMAMS and IDE a proof of proficiency in English is compulsory (e.g. TOEFL (PBT 550, CBT 213, IBT 79-80), IELTS) required.
Applicants, whose mother tongue is neither English or German, are required to provide proof of these skills. Exceptions are possible if proof of a university degree from an English and/ or German-speaking country can be provided.
8. Completed online application form
Please note: Application is only possible online and via upload of all your documents.