Introduction to Urban Design
During the weekly lectures, we will look at the basic principles of the city and urban design; it is about urban structures and urban spaces, history of the city, aspects of public and private, the meaning of public space, and the urban culture. The lecture is intended to provide basics for understanding the city and country, to introduce the repertoire of urban, and to explain methods of urban perception and of urban design.
10. April 1. What is urban design?
17. April 2. History of modern urban design
24. April Excursion week
1. May Public holiday
8. May 3. Design methods
15. May 4. Good designs
22. May 5. Cityscape I
29. May Public holiday
5. Jun 6. Cityscape II
12. Jun 7. City as social space
19. Jun 8. City and mobility
26. Jun 9. Urban design today - tasks
17. July Written exam (expected)