Proof of English-language competence
New Digital Level Tests
We will be offering flexible digital level tests for our English courses starting 4 July 2018.
Advantages of digital testing
You may take these exams anytime and anywhere before course registration closes. Moreover, you will receive your test results immediately which will allow you to sign up for your preferred classes faster.
How to use the results
Whatever result you get indicates your current level. This means that you should sign up for a course with a target level one level higher than your results. Thus, if your result is below B1, you should sign up for a B1 target level class; if your result is B1, you should sign up for a B2 target level class; if your result is B2 or higher, you should sign up for a C1 target level class.
How to do the test
The level testing is done on the Pearson website and costs 7 EUR for the basic option and 9.50 EUR for the premium option.
Option 1: Placement Profile (Basic Placement Test)
This test evaluates reading, writing, and listening skills. It can be used to assess your level for a language course and includes a detailed analysis of your skills.
- Purchase an access code at https://www.pearsonelt.de/placement-profile-student-online-access.html
- The cost of this test will be reduced from 9.95 EUR to 7 EUR using the Rabattcode PLPR-5HG9-FD4T-NT6W-JU18
- Once you have your access code, use the course ID code XW9P-MUMR-PPMY-V4PR and do the placement test
Option 2: Placement Speaking (Premium Placement Test incl. DAAD)
This test evaluates your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills. It can be used to assess your level for a language course and provides a comprehensive analysis of your skills. This placement test can also be used to obtain a DAAD certificate.
- Purchase an access code at https://www.pearsonelt.de/placement-profile-speaking-student-online-access-code.html
- The cost of this test will be reduced from 13.30 EUR to 9.50 EUR using the Rabattcode PLSP-RT4D-HK6J-LM2K-0618
- Once you have your access code, use the course ID code JTW3-H99H-XCK7-7UMV and do the placement test.
For further information, please contact: