Executive Staff Exchange Week 2020
We are pleased to invite you to our Staff Exchange Week for executive staff. This 4 day event will take place from June 10 -13, 2020 at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar and will explore «Current leadership challenges in university administration». The language of communication will be English.
This unique training has been specially designed to facilitate networking, exchange of experience and cooperation among executive experts in the various fields of university support services. Participants will be matched with a counterpart from a similar position/area of responsibility and will have the opportunity for in-depth exchange within their specialist area as well as across university sectors. There will also be time to socialize and explore the historic Bauhaus sites and the beautiful city of Weimar.
The workshop will be facilitated by Christine Wank, an expert in organisation and leadership development, a senior facilitator of the Presencing Institute and director of the Generative Facilitation Institute. She brings a broad experience in both theory and practice of the latest approaches to leadership and transformation. She also specializes in Theory U, a leadership approach that can offer a fresh perspective on how to navigate through complexity while bringing forward deep transformational change.
By participating in our executive staff week, you will:
- network with leaders in university administration on an international level
- benefit from the great diversity of perspectives and expertise present during the staff week
- expand your intercultural communication skills
- learn from and inspire people around you
- gain key insights on how to successfully address leadership challenges
We welcome executive staff with managerial responsibility for an administrative team, who would match with one of the following counterparts:
Extended Deadline (10.03.2020) for the following positions:
- Head of Department of Communications and Marketing
- Head of the Centre for Institutional Development
- Head of Research Operations Office
- Head of President’s Office
- Managing Director of Bauhaus Research School
Application is closed for the following positions:
- Head of Human Resources Department
- Head of Language Centre
- Managing Director of the Dean’s Office (Faculty of Art and Design)
- Head of International Office
We invite members from existing partner universities as well as members of non-partner universities to attend. Please note that in order to enable a great diversity of cultural and institutional perspectives, we will accept not more than two representatives per institution.
Registration fee is 690 Euro and includes
- the training programme and materials
- a traditional German welcome dinner
- lunches and coffee breaks
- 3 guided tours
Participants are expected to cover their travel, accomodation and living expenses through the ERASMUS+ staff mobility funds of their home university or otherwise. Please contact your local International Office to apply for funding.