EIBURS - The History of European Infrastructure Finance
European Investment Bank (EIB)
2011 - 2013
The Department of Construction Economics at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany, received together with its research partners a research grant by the European Investment Bank on the History of European Infrastructure Finance.
The partnership is formed by Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (Germany), Universidad de Cantabria (Spain), Università degli studi di Milano (Italy) and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Germany). With more than 15 specialised researchers in the various fields touched by the Research Call of the EIB the partnership provides interdisciplinary research as well as teaching and training services in all relevant sectors and cross-sector issues of the History of European Infrastructure Finance.
Università degli Studi di Milano, Universidad de Cantabria, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Developing an interdisciplinary structured database concept.
- Creating a deeper understanding of mechanisms, instruments and infrastructure sector specifics which are of interest to infrastructure finance, policies and regulation.
- Exchange of knowledge on infrastructure finance between the different researchers professions with the objective to draw recommendations for contemporary issues in infrastructure finance.
- Widening the interest and knowledge on infrastructure investments in the European context.
- Integrating different European approaches to infrastructure financing and building up a common knowledge and understanding upon practical and theoretical implications of infrastructure finance.