Nonlinear Analysis of Structures: Reinforced Concrete Frames with Masonry Infill Walls
April 3rd to 7th and Sept. 25th to 29th, 2017 at University of Osijek, Croatia
- Structure Response under Seismic Action
- Seismic Design and Detailing of Structure
- Testing of Structure using Physical Models
- Mathematical Modelling Techniques and Methodology of:
- Structure Construction Material, Masonry Wall and
- Reinforced Concrete Frame Structure
- Data Analysis and Assessment
- Simplified (Engineering) Methodologies for Structure Assessment
Principle time schedule
Kick-off meeting from April 3rd to 7th at Osijek University
The aim of it will be:
- Introduction into the project itself as well as the individual objectives;
- Composition of the international, interdisciplinary teams and creation of the networks for the virtual activities (Group of 5 students);
- Presentation and explanation into the experimental facilities (gathering and preparation of the data; data analysis);
- First common lectures to explain the necessary background and advanced topics in experimental and civil engineering for the conduction of the project (building a micromodel of experimentally tested structure;response simulation using nonlinear static procedure).
The project introductory week will be composed of lectures, exercises and team building measures.
Independently work over the whole summer semester:
Groups of 5 students will be assembled from different partner universities thus all 5 groups will have only one member from same university. Groups will be assembled at the beginning of the course on April 3rd. Group assignments will be handed over to the students at the end of the course on April 7th.
The international teams will have to independently work on the given tasks using virtual communication technologies. Additionally flip classes will be regularly offered. Thus the participating students will have the chance to debate and discuss about current results and applied concepts. Further new solving strategies can be discussed with the learning & teaching activity coordinator and partner individual local assistant, together.
The topic will be reinforced concrete frames with masonry infilled walls, with or without openings, with the purpose of prediction of structural behavior under seismic action. The structure for the project assignments will be adopted from previously experimentally tested physical model in a scale 1/2.5 (FRAMA project).
Project closing workshop from Sept. 25th to 29th, 2017 at University of Osijek, Croatia
- blind test competition (comparison with experimental data and evaluation of analysis results);
- finalization of common reports and presentations;
- presentation of project teams approach`s and achieved results;
- presentation and discussion of the experimental results;
- additional lectures and exercises in the scientific field of the assessment and modelling of framed-masonry composites under seismic action;
- treatment and procurement of the used material and derived results for future generations, further application, and consideration into the project database.
The project closing workshop week will be mainly composed of lectures, student work in groups, and presentation by the participants.
The participating M.Sc. students will have the opportunity to discuss their research interests with international experts, to create their own networks, and to look for exchange activities and external supervisors.
Upon successful completion of the report (60%), presentation (30%) and by additionally verifying the literacy (10%) the students will be awarded with the grade (1-5) and 6 ECTS credit certificate if they succeed with no less than 60 %.