|Sufu7194's user page||talk page||email Sufu7194||list Sufu7194's edits|
Goals & Non-Goals
- make use of todays technology (higher resolutions and color depth, more memory, faster prozessors, gpu-processing) and interface elements such as drag 'n drop, (multi)touch
- forget everything about tabs, bookmarks and history
- one interface for everything - seamless browsing
- do minor enhancements to the old interface
- build on top of outdated ideas
there should be more. Really.
Based on an older idea: The Webtop.
Idea: All in One
- Toolwindows make no sense. No one needs extra windows so they should be inside the browser.
- Toolwindows could be some kind of app. So lets redefine the following:
this could mean: create an "app" which is 500x200 in pixels. This box can be moved around, snapped, dragged, dropped. It doesn't depend on anything. Its just there and does something. Maybe an online radio, a chat, an calculator. There could be an extra app-bar or somewhat.
File linking (6,7)
What happens when you click a link to media file in your browser? Yeah, it opens the file in a new tab or in the same tab. Why not open the image, video or music file in a new overlay that is always on top, movable and includes the typical controls?
Volume control (2)
Every tab should have a slider to control the volume. It also need some visual feedback, to signalize that the tab generates sound.
Tabs should go to sleep if not need to reduce cpu-power. There should be a button to prevent this behavior. See the FireFox Addon Tab Bar.
MORE TO COME
APPS (don't ignore apps - they need a fine place to breathe on your browser!)
- Googles Web App Store gestartet
- Firefox 4 Beta 2 - Mit App Tabs und schnellerem Scrollen
- Mozillas Open Web App Ecosystem macht Fortschritte
ZUI (Zooming User Interfaces)
- Image Viewer build with Flash
- Zoomable website navigation Worth a look
- The Scale of the Universe
- Gapminder World
Firefox Design Challenge results and other not that bad ideas
- Lifestream – Redesign history and bookmarking – Wei Zhou
- Firefox Panorama/Tab Candy
- Mozilla Labs Design Challenge: Weave Web UI "Tabs and History visualizations" - Miyoung's Idea
- The interconnection between sites, bookmarks, passwords..
- Editing bookmarks
- TabViz Worth a look
- Tab Wall vs Nodes
The Browser History
Little sketch to visualize the problem of presenting the todays non-linear browsing history.